Hydrocolloids are used in many different types of applications to thicken and stabilise formulations. In processed foods no other group of ingredients contributes more to viscosity, texture, and body like hydrocolloids.
Products we offer in our range are:
- Guar Gum (gelling agent, ground seeds of the guar plant)
- Gum Arabic (natural thickener, vegetable juice of acacia)
- Locust Bean Gum (gelling and thickening agent, ground seeds of the carob tree)
- Sodium Alginate (gelling agent, extract from brown algae)
- Pectin (gelling agent, extract from citrus fruits)
- Wheat, potato and maize Starch
Fermentation thickeners are used for various industries from industrial to food including
cement-based dry mortars etc.
- Xanthan Gum (gelling agent obtained from sugar-containing substrates) for both food and industrial applications
- Standard Xanthan Gum in various mesh sizes 40, 80 & 200
- Specialist Xanthan Gum working in low to high pH
- Diutan/Gellan Gum (gelling and thickening agent produced by microorganisms on sugar-containing culture media)
We also offer:
Superabsorbent polymers (SAP) which can absorb and retain extremely large amounts of liquid relative to their own mass. Water-absorbing polymers, which are classified as hydrogels when cross-linked, absorb aqueous solutions through hydrogen bonding with water molecules. A SAP's ability to absorb water is a factor of the ionic concentration of the aqueous solution. SAP may absorb up to 400 times its weight.
Our bespoke and specialist blends of products can be tailored to suit your exact needs